Friday, December 09, 2011

Updates

December 9, 2011

I went back to Broaster Kitchen.

October 25, 2011:

After a lot of thought, I have decided to add a new label to reviews; Moved. This means a restaurant has closed down at the listed address in a review, and has moved to another location. I will keep this list updated as possible. I will add a link, if I do a review for the new location. But, keep this in mind; The restaurant will still be labeled closed, since that restaurant is no longer at the address listed. And, honestly if I gave that restaurant a bad review, I'm not going to waste time to update that they moved.

The biggest reason I added Moved, was because I hated seeing how Yelp handles a restaurant that has moved. They will just change the address to the new location, BUT, they keep the reviews AND pictures of the old location. It can be confusing, seeing pictures of two different locations, and really a stupid thing for a review site to do.

September 11, 2011:

I went back to the Pioneer Chicken in Bell Gardens.

Feb. 26, 2011:

Went back to Original Graziano's Pizza and tried their pizza.

Janurary 27, 2011:

This is a, The New Diner, first. If a restaurant that I reviewed has closed, I will label it closed and the year I reviewed the restaurant. Even if the restaurant has moved to a different location, I will label that restaurant as closed, because that location is closed.

Most of the closed restaurants, have either stayed vacated or turned into a different restaurants. But Straw Hat Pizza in Orange, is the first to close and then reopen under new ownership!!

I just found out they have been opened, under new ownership, for seven months. I wasn't really impressed with the pizza, under the old ownership, but I'm glad to see Straw Hat has survived. It was a childhood favorite. Who knows maybe a new owner or another location, will still have the same great Straw Hat taste.

Like Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire and the other steroids users, there should be an asterisk with this update about Swinging Door BBQ. Which also closed down, then reopened in the same location, but under new ownership and they changed the name to Swingin Door BBQ. Notice the new owners dropped the G. Yes, it's a small detail, but they are different names.

January 19, 2011:

I went back to My Brothers BBQ for their broasted chicken.

2010 Updates:

Bludso's BBQ

I posted pictures of the Arby's in Huntington Beach, with the chuckwagon building and the ten gallon hat, on my review of the Arby's in Pomona.

Pizza Mania, and finally had their pizza.

Pioneer Chicken on Soto.

Jerry's Dogs.

38 Degrees Ale House.

I tried to go back to Porky's BBQ for some fried chicken. I will never go back to Porky's again because of their TERRIBLE service.

Oinkster

Amber Waves.

You can search restaurants by city and cuisine.

2009 Updates:

Alondra Hot Wings in Long Beach.

McConnell Bistro at Pitzer College.

I have just found out that four restaurants I have reviewed on The New Diner, have closed; Memphis BBQ, Dante's Italian Deli, Hof's Hut and Ruth's Place. I don't know exactly when these restaurants closed.

This bring the total to 51 restaurant that I have reviewed but are now closed. If any restaurants that I reviewed are now closed, please let me know. I won't write an update about closures unless it reaches a milestone number.

I have decided to create a new category for closed restaurants; Closed-Reviewed and the year I reviewed the restaurant, for example, Closed-Reviewed 2006.


Bob's Big Boy in Diamond Bar for their 30th anniversary party.

The Smoking Joint.

Langers.

The Habit

Dr. Hogly Wogly

I added a picture of the new signage for Phillips BBQ in Chino.

You can now search reviews by cuisines. I have added labels to my reviews and will add labels to all reviews soon.

Some tips on searching.

I have labeled most restaurants by their broader cuisines and the item I ordered. Example: Mexican, tacos.

If you click BBQ, you will only find places REAL BBQ places that smoke their meats, or at least attempts to smoke their meats. For other places, they are under Oven BBQ.

If you are looking for ribs, they are labeled spare ribs, beef ribs, or baby backs ribs.

Closed means the restaurant that I went to, at the address listed, is not the same restaurant or has closed down.

Profile Name Change.

In case anybody is wondering, I decided that The New Diner should be my profile/user name for The New Diner blog. So all comments will be by The New Diner. This is my food blog. Unitas We Stand is my tribute to Johnny Unitas and the expression of my love for my BALTIMORE COLTS.

I still have my Unitas We Stand blog. I still love the BALTIMORE COLTS. If I get married, I still will have my fiance take and pass a test about the BALTIMORE COLTS. And yes, if she flunks, I will not marry her. Though I may give her a make up test.