Thursday, July 01, 2010

Kabab Way

Kabab Way
919 S Glendale Ave
Glendale
818-242-3150

Glendale should be renamed Kebob City because there are so many kebob restaurants in the city. Some are great, others need work. My two favorite kebob restaurants, in Glendale, are Shiraz and recently, I found Raffi's Place

Kebob Way started as a burger place and then switched over to a kebob restaurant. They are right across the street from Elena's.



I got the beef shish kebob plate, $7.99 with salad, rice, tomato, and onions. The first thing I notice, is that, there is a ton of rice. Very good, most restaurants do not include a lot of rice. The basmati rice was nice and fluffy but compared to other restaurants, very bland. The rice is just cooked with water and served. At other places the rice will have butter and/or oil and spices.

The beef was very tough, not that flavorful, needed much more seasoning. It was easy to tell, this was a very low quality beef. I also thought the portion was a bit small.

The salad was fresh, but just your standard green salad from a bag.

Service was good. The lady who took my order was nice and friendly.

They were repaving the roads around Kabob Way, the day I went, so it was tough finding parking. But when the road is complete, that shouldn't be an issue.

I think it is unfair to compare Kabab Way to the other kebob restaurants in Glendale. Why? Kabab Way is more of a fast food/diner style kabob restaurant, while the others like Shiraz, Raffi's Place and Elena's, are sit down restaurants. But I would compare Kabab Way to another, close by, fast food/diner style kebob restaurant, Mediterranean Triangle. In that case, Mediterranean Triangle, wins by a mile. I wouldn't go back to Kabab Way again.