Friday, June 18, 2010

Patsy D'Amore's Pizza

Patsy D'Amore's Pizza
6333 W 3rd St
Ste 448
Los Angeles
323-938-4938

Pasty D'Amore's Pizza is located in the LA Farmer's Market. I have reviewed four other restaurants/stands at the Farmer's Market; Gumbo Pot, Bryan's Pit BBQ, Magee's Kitchen, and Deano's Pizza. I read that Pasty D'Amore's is one of the oldest pizza store in LA. So I decided to give them a try.



Slice of pepperoni, $3.50. For what is suppose to be a New York style pizza, this slice was pretty small, cut from a medium size pizza, not a jumbo or large sized pizza. But overall it was a very solid pizza, not Village Pizzeria, but then again not many pizzerias can match Village Pizzeria. The crust was just starting to get the nice charred taste. The cheese was plentiful and tasty. The pepperoni was standard, nothing special.



I liked the cheese slice but I thought there could have put more cheese in the slice. There were a few bare spots with sauce and very little cheese. The sauce was mild, nothing overpowering, which I like.

Service is pretty good, if a bit slow. The lady who took my order was nice and friendly. But it took a while to get my slices. I know they have to heat it but the slices were hot, when I got them. But it took longer than usual to get the slices. Not sure why; maybe new employees?

If I was at the Farmer's Market and wanted pizza, I would go to Patsy but I wouldn't make a special trip.