Sunday, April 05, 2009

Bryan's Pit Barbecue



Bryan's Pit Barbecue
6333 W 3rd St
Stall #740
Los Angeles
323-931-2869

Bryan's Pit Barbecue is located at the LA Farmers Market. I understand this is an off shoot of Sonny Bryan's BBQ of Texas. I know Texas BBQ is all about the brisket, but I hate BBQ brisket. As readers of The New Diner know I'm all about the ribs.

The baby back ribs are sold by the pound, $12.50/lb. These are cooked in an oven and then left in the warmer, which you can see in the second picture. I got about half pound of ribs, $5.75. The ribs were very small but had a decent amount of meat. But there was no smoke flavor to them at all. They were tender but baby backs are always tender.

Service is OK. They are rude when calling on the phone. Like I was botherting them asking where in the LA Farmers Market they are located. While I was there, they were ok, not bad, not good.

I would not go back to Bryan's Pit BBQ again. I could just go to Tony Roma's for oven cooked ribs.