Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Pizza N Stuff


Pizza N Stuff
1532 Foothill Blvd.
La Verne
909-593-3676

I reviewed two other pizza places in La Verne, Red Devil Pizza and Sal's Pizza & Bagelry. I heard good things about Pizza N Stuff, especially since they have been in La Verne, since 1977. So they must be good since they have been around for 32 years.

I got a large pizza with half pepperoni and half Canadian bacon, $20.36. When I got the pizza, the box was heavy, always a good sign. But when I opened the box, one of the first things I noticed, was the amount of dough. The pizza is just way too doughy for me. This is almost like a thick crust, deep dish pizza. Some of the dough wasn't even fully cooked. Most of the dough is pretty plain and bland.

They were a bit cheap on the amount of Canadian bacon. There weren't that many slices on the pizza. The slices were fairly big and flavorful. But they aren't cheap on the pepperoni. There were tons and tons of pepperoni on this pizza!! While the pepperoni was good, nice spicy flavor, the sauce wasn't good. Too tangy and sour. Not a good combination.

Service is pretty good. Nice people who greet you when you walk in.

I wouldn't go back to Pizza N Stuff. I thought, while the pizza had a lot of pepperoni, it was too pricey and the pizza is only average because of too much dough and too tangy sauce. There are better pizza options in the area.