Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lawry's Carvery-Closed


Lawry's Carvery
1011 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles
213-222-2212

Lawry's Carvery is the casual version of Lawry's The Prime Rib, that has opened in the new entertainment center, LA Live. There are no spinning salads or silver carts serving up the prime rib, just place your order at the counter and find a table.

I got the original prime rib sandwich, $14.99, a 6oz portion of prime rib on a ciabatta bread, served with au jus and creamy horseradish. The sandwich was warm but the ciabatta wasn't toasted, just right out of the wrapper. The prime rib was piled high but a bit fatty. But it was tender, moist and flavorful.

Service is OK. The hostess taking my order was fine. But when I got my order, there wasn't any silverware on my table and the server who brought out my sandwich didn't provide any silverware. While I was up getting a refill on soda, I noticed the basket of silverware.

I wouldn't go back to Lawry's Carvery. $14.99 is expensive for a sandwich and I would rather use the money towards the real prime rib, at Lawry's The Prime Rib.