Saturday, February 24, 2007

Lawry's





Lawry's
100 N. La Cienega Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
310-652-2827

Lawry's!!! I've lived in LA since 1978 and I have never been to Lawry's. I finally go to Lawry's and I would gladly return. Lawry's is famous for their prime rib and if you go to Lawry's you have to order the prime rib. The prime rib dinner includes their salad, yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes, and whipped horseradish.

The first picture is of Lawry's famous original spinning bowl salad. The salad has mixed greens, shredded beets, chopped egg, croutons and our exclusive Vintage Dressing. Now I hate beets but you can't have the salad any other way. But I was very surprised at how great this salad was. Though the dressing was a bit overwhelming, they could cut back on the amount of dressing on the salad. All ingredients were fresh.

The next picture is the famous stainless steel carts they serve the prime rib in. I ordered the "Beef Bowl" cut of prime rib with their creamed corn. The "Beef Bowl" cut is given to the two teams that play in the Rose Bowl. The "Beef Bowl" is a contest to see which team eats the most prime rib. When Wisconsin came to the Rose Bowl a few years back, Aaron Gibson, an offensive lineman, who was about 340lbs. ate 13, beef bowl cuts!!!! 13!!!!!!!

The prime rib was tender and juicy but there was a lot of fat on the rib. I was surprised at the amount of fat on the rib. I would think Lawry's would have more lean prime rib. But I wouldn't let the fat get in my way of enjoying the prime rib. One of the better prime rib I've had.

The creamed corn is so sweet and tasty. A perfect addition to the prime rib.

My girlfriend ordered the broiled lobster tail. I had a couple bites of the lobster tail and they were tender and flavorful.

Service was very good. But one thing they do not tell you, is that the corn is $5 extra. It does not come with the prime rib dinner. But our server was very nice and helpful. The man who cut the prime rib was also nice, he allowed me to take a picture of the cart.

I would go back to Lawry's. Though I thought the prime rib wasn't the leanest, I've had, it was among the best I've had. I talked to other people who had been to Lawry's and they have gotten lean cuts of prime rib. I'm glad I finally got a chance to go to Lawry's.