Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Red Devil Pizza-La Verne


Red Devil Pizza
1465 Foothill Blvd
La Verne
909-593-1313

After reading the archives for David Allen's Blog, I decided to go to Red Devil Pizza!!

When I got to Red Devil, I didn't realize I had already been to two restaurants in the same shopping center, Mr. Fish & Chips and Tasty Goody, both of which are still open!!

Anyways I got the small pizza with half pepperoni and half meatball, $13.50. The small was a 12" medium crust pizza. I thought the taste of the pizza was OK. It was cooked a little well done but not burnt, nice firm crisp crust, good amount of cheese, and toppings. The pepperoni side was pretty good, but the pepperoni was a bit on the salty side. They could also put a few more slices of pepperoni on the pizza.

The meatball had an overwhelming garlic flavor. They need to cut down on the amount of garlic in the meatballs.

Service was pretty good. Most of the people working behind the counter were high school kids. They were pretty nice and hard working.

I wouldn't say Red Devil Pizza is the best pizza in the area but it is a couple notches above the chain pizza places. I wouldn't go out of my way for Red Devil but I wouldn't mind going back there.