Friday, November 13, 2009

Floyd's BBQ-Closed


Floyd's BBQ
501 W Duarte Rd.
Monrovia
626-616-7121

I was driving to Taco Lita and saw a sign that said BBQ. I was very curious so I stopped in. Floyd's is actually inside a liquor store called House of Spirits.

The meats are smoked, over smoked in those 55 gallon drums. If the pitmaster is good, they can make that work. The pitmaster at Floyd's needs to work on his BBQ!!

I got a pound of pork spare ribs, $8. The ribs were so dry!!! They must have been leftover from Wednesday. They were chewy and tough and just plain bad!!! I also got a bunch of crappy pieces that barely had any meat on them. They did have a smoke flavor, but it was very overpowering.

Service was OK. The people are nice.

I would never go back to Flody's again. This is among the worst BBQ I have ever had.