Friday, April 03, 2009

Taco Lita




Taco Lita
120 E Duarte Rd
Arcadia
626-445-2889

If you're a pretentious, jerkoff, like those from the Westside and Orange County get the hell away from my blog. The following review will piss you off. Oh wait, on second thought stay and read my review of Taco Lita.

Taco Lita is about as Mexican as a Obama is the first black President of the US. Umm Obama was born to a black father and a white mother. That makes him biracial. He is also, the person we will vote out of office in four years. What does this have to do with Taco Lita? It's about perception. Taco Lita is not an authentic taco stand. It is an Americanized taco stand. Don't expect to go to Taco Lita and get a carnitas taco.


But for what it is, Taco Lita is damn good. What is Taco Lito? An Americanized taco stand. Taco Lita is the Tito's Tacos of the San Gabriel Valley. If you're expecting authentic tacos, go to Mexico. Taco Lita used to have 15 locations throughout the San Gabriel Valley but now the only location still in business is the Arcadia location.


I ordered two tacos, $1.55 each. The tacos come with a ton of cheese, ground beef, fresh lettuce and a tomato wedge, all on a hard shell taco. The tacos are great here. The shell is crunchy. The beef is well seasoned and the veggies are so fresh. Then they pile on that cheese. Unlike Tito Tacos where you pay for cheese and they don't give you much cheese, Taco Lita puts a ton of freshly grated cheddar cheese on the tacos. I also found the taco sauce to be flavorful and added to the taste and flavor of the taco. It is not a HOT sauce, it is a taco sauce.

Service is good. The guy who took my order was a bit standoffish but the other guy behind the counter was nice, when I asked about the burritos. But the wait can be long because Taco Lito is very popular. I must have waited 10-15 minutes for my food because there were so many people in front of me in line.

Friday nights they have 5 tacos for $6.95. Wednesday nights 5 tacos are $7.50.

I would come back here anytime. I love the tacos. Much better than any taco from Taco Bell and Del Taco. Yes, they are more expensive but you get more meat, cheese, and veggies. I will try their burrito next time I come. Then take home a five pack of tacos.

Update April 26, 2009





I went back to Taco Lita to try their jumbo burrito, $6.28. Their jumbo burrito is ground beef, beans, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes.

I asked them to cut the burrito in half. The burrito was huge, worth the price, for quanity. But I think they need to put more beef in the burrito. I tasted the beans, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes but there wasn't enough ground beef. The burrito was good, everything was fresh and tasty. Again, this isn't real Mexican food but it is solid food.

Service was good.

I would stick to the tacos at Taco Lita.