Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken- Compton


Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken
2600 E Alondra Blvd
Compton
310-638-7871

I have known about the Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken in Culver City for a long time. I just don't get to that area much. But when I heard that they have another location in Compton, off the 710 freeway, I made a special trip to finally try this fried chicken.

I ordered two breast pieces, $4.87. The chicken was cooked within the past ten minutes because the inside was still steaming hot. The skin was crispy. It reminded me of Golden Bird Now some people have compared this to Pioneer Chicken but I I think it is closer to Golden Bird, but this is much better than Golden Bird. The meat was juicy, tender and flavorful. A very good chicken.

Service was pretty good. They actually greet you but oh well. They were nice and friendly after I placed my order.

Ok, I know people are going to say, WOW, you went into Compton? Yes, I did and I didn't have any problems.