Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mr. G's Pizza-Moved


Mr. G Pizza
2767 Diamond Bar Blvd
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
909-598-9400

A buddy and I did a taste test for G best pizza in Diamond Bar. We tried Papa G's and Mr. G's. Mr. G's, is suppose to be a NY style pizza place. But their personal pizza wasn't the thin crust NY style pizza. It was regular crust pizza.

I didn't actually go here. My buddy picked up the pizza, so I'm not sure how the service was. They are doing a lot of renovation to that shopping center, so that's why you see that plain sign.

But the pizza had a good amount of sauce. Most pizza places put as little sauce as possible. I'm glad to see Mr. G's didn't follow in their footsteps. They didn't put a lot of cheese on the pizza and I thought there could have been more pepperoni. I thought their crust was very soft and chewy. Some may think it's too "doughy" but I thought their crust just fine. Overall a solid good pizza.

As I mentioned before, I didn't actually go to Mr. G's. My buddy paid for the pizza from Mr. G's and took it to Papa G's. I thought both pizzas were good and would order from both places anytime. When I go back to Mr. G's I will update this post with prices and the quality of their service.

Update:

The price of the small pepperoni pizza is $5.95. A steal for such a good pizza. Service is good. The owner is very friendly and helpful.

Attentive The New Diner readers, know this location used to be Taqueria Azteca, that was reviewed on March, 2006. I was told by a long time Diamond Bar resident, there was a Mr. G's pizza back in the 1970's. This current location has nothing to do with the original Mr. G's.