Friday, December 15, 2006

Phillips Barbecue




Phillips Barbecue
2619 Crenshaw
LA, CA 90016
323-731-4772

As people know I love Phillips Barbecue. I have reviewed their other two locations and wanted to review their newest location on Crenshaw. This location used to be Leo's BBQ and now it's Phillips third location and the location with the easiest freeway access. It's about two blocks south of the 10 freeway.

I ordered the half rack of pork spare ribs with their mixed, regular and hot BBQ sauce for $11.75. They charge an extra 25 cents for sauce on the side. The ribs were well smoked and had a nice spicy rub. They were tender and very meaty, you always get your money's worth at Phillips.

The lines are almost always long and it will take awhile for your order to be ready. The people are nice enough but they are more matter of fact then friendly. That may put off some people but it doesn't bother me.

My girlfriend did one of the nicest things anybody has ever done for me in a very,very long time. She went to Phillips after work and brought me a pork rib dinner. She doesn't eat pork and ordered a chicken dinner. She is tough, after all she's from the Bronx, and the area is usually OK, you never know what may happen. So for her to go there after work for the first time, is awesome. She is the greatest thing to happen to me and I love her more each day.

Phillips has two other locations. A Phillips BBQ. in Inglewood and the original Phillips is in Leimert Park.