Saturday, June 10, 2006

Phillips-Leimert Park



Phillips
4307 Leimert Blvd.
LA
323/292-7613

As readers of The New Diner knows, I love Phillips. Since I was in the general area, I decided to head to the first Phillip's I ever went to, in Leimert Park. Well they didn't disappoint. I ordered a pork rib dinner with double macaroni salad and NO sauce for $11.25. The ribs are soooooo good at Phillips you don't need them. The sauce is good though but I would never order the hot version. That is just way too hot for my tastes.

Unless you have perfect timing, expect to wait awhile at Phillips. There are always a line 4-5 people deep. But service is quick. Phillip's is take out only so if you want to eat your ribs, go a few block west to Crenshaw, then go north and there are some fast food places where you can sit down and enjoy the best BBQ ribs you'll ever have.

When my ribs came out they were hot and the smell was so good, I just had to try one. The smoke flavor was awesome. They were tender and very meaty. I was so full after eating one and a half burgers I only ate one rib and then saved the rest for lunch on Sunday. WOW the ribs were awesome even after being in the fridge for about 24 hours. The smoke flavor was still there and the ribs were still tender. The mac salad is very creamy.

Phillip's is the best BBQ ribs place in LA. I've been to all three locations and all three locations always serve great BBQ. The Phillips BBQ. on Crenshaw and Adams is the newest location. The other Phillips BBQ. is in Inglewood.