Saturday, February 11, 2006

Phillips BBQ #2 -Inglewood



Phillips Bar B Que #2
1517 Centinela Ave
Inglewood
310-412-7135

I finally went to all three Phillips Bar B Que locations. There is no difference between any of them. They are all great and some of the best BBQ in the LA area. All Phillips are take out only. Phillips #2 is on Centinela just east of La Tejeria.

I ordered the pork ribs for $11.50 which includes a 25 cent charge for sauce on the side. I understand why they charge for sauce on the side and I don't care because Phillips is great BBQ. The ribs are excellant. They have a great smoked flavor and are tender. I ordered the mix BBQ sauce. Well it's very spicy for my tastes. It's hotter than most hot versions of salsa. It's very spicy. I will stick to the mild sauce which is tends to be on the sweet side.


But Phillips BBQ is so good you don't need BBQ sauce. The meat is so good and right under your nose is a wonderful smoke flavor.

The two sides were mac salad and cole slaw. I didn't care for the cole slaw but the mac salad was very creamy and fresh.

The Phillips BBQ. on Crenshaw and Adams is the newest location. The original Phillips is in Leimert Park. I don't notice any differences between the three locations. One of the best BBQ in the LA area.