Thursday, February 09, 2006

Carneys- West Hollywood




Carney's
8351 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood
323-654-8300

If I'm in the area, I will go to another location of a restaurant I've already tired. So I was in West Hollywood and I decided to see if there is any difference between the Carney's on Sunset Blvd and the Carney's in Studio City. The first picture is the view of Carney's going east on Sunset. The second picture is what Carney's looks like when going west on Sunset. There is plenty of free parking behind Carneys, the entrance to the parking is on the west side of Carneys.

I'm glad I did. I think at least for hot dogs, the West Hollywood location is better. I ordered their Chicagoan hot dog with mustard, relish and onions for $2.71. The hot dog had a very nice snap and the onions and relish were fresh. The buns are not steamed or toasted and aren't anything speciall This isn't a true Chicago hot dog but close enough. I think it's good but nothing great and I think going to Costco for a $1.50 hot dog and soda is a much better value.

I tried the mild Chicagoan Polish sausage, again with mustard, onions and relish. They actually split the polish and grill it. Well they over cook the polish sausage and I'm not impressed.

Carneys is a nice place to eat and has a nice unique dining experience, since you're eating in a converted train. The hot dogs are good but a little on the high side. If I'm in the area again I would go back to the Sunset location. The Studio City location is too close to other great hot dog places.