Thursday, October 20, 2005

Carneys



Carneys
12601 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA
818-761-8300

Carney's is my third and final stop to celebrate the Chicago White Sox winning the 2005 ALCS. My other two stops were Cupid's and QT Chicago Dogs.

As you can see Carneys is a very unique location, a renovated train. A nice way to stand out. Today though some idiot got into an accident right in front of the parking lot entrance to Carneys. Oh well, plenty of street parking so that isn't too much of a problem.

Still continuing the Chicago theme, I went to Carney's to try their Chicagoan Hot Dog and Spicy Polish. The Chicagoan Hot Dog was $2.44. The hot dog comes with on a steamed bun which made the bun a little soggy. The hot dog was pretty good but as you can see it isn't a true Chicago Dog, no pickles, tomatoes, or celery salt. But relish and onions were fresh. Overall a good hot dog but I think Cupid's is a better hot dog and a better deal.

Then I tried the Chicagoan Polish Dog grilled for $3.36. When you asked for it grilled, they will split it in half and put it on the grill. Not bad but the polish dog certainly wasn't spicy. I think a little overpriced and not worth it. Mustard's in better.

There were many people who ordered burgers during the time I was there. I may go back and try a burger. I would pass on the hot dogs or polish dogs.