Thursday, October 20, 2005

QT Chicago Dogs-Closed


QT Chicago Dogs
8650 Reseda Blvd.
Northridge, CA 91324
818-993-1999

Just down the street from Cupid's, is QT Chicago Dogs. My second stop on my hot dog quest, to honor the Chicago White Sox winning the ALCS.

A jumbo Chicago Dog is $2.69. But that's without natural casing. A natural casing Chicago dog is a $1 more. But I decided just to try to regular Chicago Dog first. A Chicago dog has onions, very green relish, mustard, pickles, tomotoes, celery salt and hot peppers. I always get my Chicago Dogs without the peppers.

The jumbo Chicago Dog is decent sized. But I wasn't impressed with this Chicago Dog. The other toppings seems fresh but I don't know, something is missing. When I went to Mustard's and had their Chicago Dogs, I felt I was in Chicago watching the White Sox at Comiskey Park. At QT I felt I was in LA eating a a restaurant that was trying to copy the Chicago Dog.

Nice service, friendly people but I wasn't impressed with the hot dogs. So much so, that I didn't order a polish dog as I normally do.

I may try the Chicago Dog with natural casing but $3.49 is kinda of steep compared to other places