Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Chris and Pitts BBQ-Closed




Chris and Pitts BBQ
601 Euclid
Anaheim
714-635-2601

Chris and Pitts has five locations in the LA-OC area. Think of the old time Love's and Victoria Station and you have Chris and Pitts.

I ordered the spares ribs al carte for $11.80. I think the ribs are cooked directly over hickory wood. The ribs were about average in terms of amount of meat and very tough and dry. Sharpen your teeth before eating at Chris and Pitts. A decent smoke flavor was present but not overwhelming. The sauce has a very strong flavor, not spicy, just strong as though one ingredient overpowers everything else.

Service was good and quick. I did hear and see, a couple return their plate of ribs, chicken and beef because the meat wasn't cooked. I personally didn't experience that, as the ribs were overcooked but it did happen right in front of me.

I wouldn't go back to Chris and Pitts; prices are high and the food isn't worth the high prices. I would much rather go to Phillips in LA, or Blake's Place in Anaheim.