Monday, May 22, 2006

Blake's Place BBQ



Blake's Place
2901 Miraloma Ave.
Anaheim
714-630-8574

As mentioned in my review about Mr. Berry's BBQ I decided to vist Blake's place in Anaheim. I was in a very bad mood before going to Blake's. So I wasn't in the mood to take a lot of BS or anything. But for the moment I walked into the door my mood got better quickly. I was greeted with a warm smile and "Hi. How can I help you?" After she who took my order, she answered the questions I had about their Chino location. They sold their Chino location about two weeks ago. She was saying what a great person the new owner of Mr. Berry's is. She mentioned that she is the owner along with her husband. They really know how to treat customers and customer service is awesome. This experience reinforced a lesson I've learned but don't always follow; you can make somebody's day just by smiling.

I ordered the half slab of pork spare ribs for $9.64. The pricing at Blake's and Mr. Berry's are almost the same. So I didn't want a pork rib plate for $13.95 when I could get more ribs for much less. I don't go to a BBQ place for the sides. They use a small amount of rub, which is kinda bland. They use hickory to smoke their meats but the ribs could use more time in the smoker. The ribs are huge with lots of meat and little fat. They are a steal at $10. The sauce has a sweeter taste than I like but it added a nice flavor to the ribs.

As mentioned earlier the service is awesome. I will go back again. Nobody will beat their service. I don't know if they the service would be different if the cashier was a hired worker instead of the owner or if the owner wasn't there. But the service I got was the best. This is the best place for BBQ ribs in Orange County.