Monday, May 08, 2006

Mr. Berry's BBQ-Closed



Mr.Berry's BBQ
5670 Schaefer Ave.
Chino
909-902-5222

Mr. Berry's is in an industrial area and it would be very easy to miss their location. As you can see the only sign is a BBQ sign so look for tables with umbrellas and you should find Mr. Berry's. Mr. Berry's used to be another BBQ place called Blake's Place. Blake's still has a location in Anaheim which will be reviewed soon. Blake's Place Review


I get there about 1pm and I take a look at their menu. Lots of items are crossed out because they sold out. So I said what the hell, did somebody forget to fire up the pit? Luckily a batch of pork spare ribs were ready but for whatever reason, they didn't tell the cashier.

So I order the pork rib plate, with beans and cole slaw, for $12.99, only later would I realize how stupid that was. The plate had three huge pieces of ribs and one tiny end piece. While it maybe hard to tell, there was a small smoke ring. There wasn't an overwhelming smoke flavor and the ribs were on the dry, tough, chewy side. They also had a lot of fat and was average at best. The sauce had a very strong paprika taste and was on the mild side.

Serve was OK but if another lady didn't tell the cashier they had pork ribs, they would have lost a sale. What I meant by how stupid it was ordering the pork plate was as I looked on the menu a half rack of pork ribs al carte was $7.95. Let me tell you the beans and cole slaw wasn't worth the extra four dollars.