Sunday, January 29, 2006

Apple Pan


Apple Pan
10801 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064-2105
(310) 475-3585

I've heard so many good things about the Apple Pan burger, I decide to go try it. The Apple Pan has about 20 counter spaces. There are no tables and many people get their burgers to go. It's pretty spartan with paper plates for the fried and the burgers are wrapped in paper and served to hungry customers.

I ordered the steakburger with no pickles for $6.70. I wait a few minutes and finally I get to see the burger that has people singing it's praises. Well I was very underwhelmed. The burger had the meat, lettuce, their "special sauce" and a toasted bun. Their special sauce is basically a more tangy sauce that Bob's Big Boy; puts on it's double deck burgers. The meat was cooked about medium, which is fine. But this burger isn't anything special and it's certainly isn't worth almost $7. I think the Burger Depot's burgers are about as good and they are about $6 less, after 2pm. The Double-Double at In n Out Burger is way better and includes cheese, and you can order two double-doubles for the price of one steakburger at Apple Pan.

The burger is good but nothing special. Again Apple Pan has been around forever so I can see why people want to go there. But many other places have a burger that is just as good if not better and most other places won't charge $7 for the burger.