Saturday, June 04, 2011

Nonna Pizzeria-Closed


Nonna Pizzeria
818 Fair Oaks Ave
South Pasadena
626-403-4100

A few doors south of Gus's Barbeque, and across Fair Oaks Ave, from
Fairoaks Pharmacy, is Nonna Pizzeria. I read they serve up some good New York style pizza and decided to give them a try.

I had their special, any two slices and a 16oz soda, $6.04. Normally, I don't like getting slices, but I was going to Mamma's Brick Oven Pizza, after and there was no need to get a whole pie.



I decided to get a regular pepperoni and sausage slice. The pie had been on the counter for at least 45 minutes, the amount of time I waited for other friends to come. Even though the pizza had been sitting around for awhile, I thought the toppings were very good on this slice. The cheese was a good quality cheese that had melted nicely. The pepperoni had a good flavor and the sausage was nicely seasoned.

But, what I didn't like was the crust, this was a weak crust with no flavor or texture.



I noticed they put a Sicilian pizza up, while I was waiting, so I know it wasn't sitting around for hours on end. Sicilian slice with pepperoni. I loved this slice. The crust was great, nice and brown on the bottom with some nice crispy part. The toppings were great, same quality cheese and pepperoni. The Sicilian is the way to go at Nonna Pizzeria.

Service was good. The people are nice, friendly and they take and get your order out quickly.

I would go back for the Sicilian pizza again, I would have to think long and hard, if I wanted a regular pie.