Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Father's Office- Los Angeles

Father's Office
3229 Helms Ave
Los Angeles
310-736-2224

I went to the Father's Office in Santa Monica about four years ago. I heard Father's Office opened another location at the old Helm's Bakery, where LA and Culver City meet. So I decided to give them a try.

Father's Office is in the city of LA, but if you cross Washington, which is about 25 yards behind Father's Office, you would be in Culver City, hell the sidewalk has Welcome to Culver City. But the correct address is LA.




I got the Father's Office burger, $12.50, with caramelized onions, bacon, gruyere, maytag blue, and arugula. There are no deletions or substitution. The burger was good but I asked for it medium rare and it was a bit undercooked, more towards rare. I also thought there was too much maytag blue, which just overpowered the burger.

Service here, is order everything at the bar and runners will bring your food to your table. Service was fine but one of the runners said "No taking pictures of the food." Of course, I continued to take pictures of food. I don't know what the hell they are worried about, if you're proud of your food and stand by it, you should be happy people are taking pictures. I also noticed three pages of pictures of the food at FO, on another review site. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

This FO location isn't as pretentious as the Santa Monica location but the no picture policy is stupid and I will not return to FO again.

FO started this gourmet burger craze in LA. They do a good job, I didn't notice any difference between the LA and the Santa Monica location. But they are full of themselves. There are other restaurants who joined battle gourmet burger and they are proud to have pictures taken of their food. No reason for me to go back to either location of FO.