Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Junior's Restaurant/Deli-Closed


Junior's Restaurant/Deli
2379 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles
310-475-5771

I heard about Junior's Restaurant/Deli a few months back and decided to give them a try. My favorite deli in LA, is Canter's, so Junior's had a lot to live up to.




I ordered the David Deli Platter, $13.95, corned beef, pastrami, swiss cheese, and rye bread on a platter, because I didn't see a corned beef and pastrami combo sandwich. But I figured they were using the same corned beef and pastrami, as they do on their sandwich, so I couldn't lose. I did like both the corned beef and pastrami. Both were tender, flavorful and didn't have much fat!! Junior's trims the fat, where other deli's serve you a fat filled sandwich.

The rye bread was a bit bland, I want to taste the fennel seed. The swiss cheese was very good, light, nutty flavor.

Service was great. I sat at the counter and the server was annoying and wonderful. I didn't lack for anything and she refilled my drink without asking. She was great. She could dish it out and take it. She was getting on me when I asked for a box, saying I should clean my plate. So I got on her, when put my leftovers in the box, and she took the plate; I told her I wasn't done yet. Then I smiled. She smiled. She asked how everything. I said the food was great but, just as I was going to say, service needs improvement, she said service was annoying!!! It was great. The server's name is Anne and she is just awesome.

I would go back to Junior's anytime. I love this place. Has it replaced Canter's, as my favorite? Let's just say, Junior's is 1B.