Friday, September 03, 2010

Annia's Kitchen

Annia's Kitchen
4233 Santa Anita Ave
# 18
El Monte
626-401-2422

In continuing my theme of trying restaurants in new cities, I went El Monte, after reading about their Friday special, ribs. I never these ribs were not going to be real BBQ, but I figured what the hell.

Annia's Kitchen is located at the El Monte Airport. I was a bit surprised but Annia's was busy when I got there. So must be a popular place.




I got the spare ribs special, that is only served on Friday, $9.49; with fries, clam chowder, and a drink. A very good deal for the amount of food you get.

First, let me tell you about the clam chowder, maybe one of the best clam chowder I have ever had. Nice, rich hearty flavor, with a good amount of clams. The potatoes were cut really small, so there wasn't any filler. I would go back to Annia's, just for the clam chowder.

But I came here for the ribs and I was disappointed. The ribs were dry, chewy and tough. They overcooked the ribs. The sauce was a tomatoey sauce, that was a bit bland and did not hide the dryness of the ribs.

The fries, you can also get mashed or baked potato, was very good. Crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. Wish the ribs were as good.

Service was good. Nice friendly people.

Annia's Kitchen, has baby back ribs on Wednesday, so I'm thinking of going back to try the baby backs. But I know I will go back for the clam chowder!!