Sunday, September 05, 2010

Valentino's Pizzeria

Valentino's Pizzeria
644 E Arrow Hwy
Pomona
909-625-3187

In the same shopping center as Dino's Chicken, I found Valentino's Pizzeria, a no frills pizza place. When I think of Pomona, pizza isn't the first thing that comes to mind. But I heard some great things about Valentino's and decided to give them a try.



Valentino's has a special, extra large pizza; I got 3/4 sausage and 1/4 pepperoni, for $10.99. The first thing I noticed was the weight of the pizza. It was heavy, always a good sign. When I opened the box, I saw huge pieces of sausage, another good sign.

The took a bite, and the crust was a bit tough and chewy. The sauce had a nice little kick, they put a lot of oregano in their sauce. The sausage was awesome, lots of fennel seeds, lots of spices and flavor. The pepperoni was pretty good with decent spice.

Service was very good. Very friendly people.

I thought Valentino's was pretty good but not the greatest pizza I've had in the area. Though, I would have no problems going back if I was in the area.