Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Treasure Pot

Treasure Pot Restaurant
8540 Alondra Blvd Ste B6
Paramount
562-531-7337

I noticed that I have reviewed restaurants in many different cities, but there are many cities that I have missed. So I wanted to review restaurants, in cities that I have not been to, before. I have not reviewed any restaurant in the city of Parmount, so I searched for a restaurant in Paramount to review. I know there are a lot of good Mexican restaurants in Paramount, but decided I wanted something different; so I looked around and found Treasure Pot, a Thai restaurant.



I got the chicken satay, listed at $6.96 but charged $7.95, as an appetizer. I was impressed with the seasoning and flavor of the chicken. But it was a bit too rubbery and chewy. This could have been very good but it was average to below average.



I had a bad experience with pad Thai at Thai Basil, but I decided to give it another try. So I got the shrimp pad Thai, $7.95. This had much better than Thai Basil, not as tangy. Really good flavor, a little sweet but not too sweet. The noodles were cooked perfectly. The bean sprouts were fresh. But the shrimp, you get six of them, are small, overcooked-tough and chewy, and just not worth it. Maybe I should have ordered the chicken or pork. But the shrimp just didn't do it for me. I did like the noodles part and I think I will give pad Thai another try, from another Thai restaurant.

Service was below average. They are nice but while there was only one other table, with three people, in the restaurant, they only time they came to my table was to take the order, drop off the food, and deliver the check. I was lucky towards the end, a group of four came in and were seated at the table next to me, so I could ask for more water. I was never asked how the food was.

Then I was overcharged by a $1, for the chicken satay. I hate that.

I would not go back to Treasure Pot again. The food was borderline average and the service was below average. Worst they overcharged me on the food.

Serice was below average.