Sunday, June 13, 2010

Brownstone Pizzeria-Closed

Brownstone Pizzeria
2108 Colorado Blvd
Los Angeles
323-257-4992

When people talk about pizza in Eagle Rock, they always mention Casa Bianca, which is too inconsistent for me. I heard about Brownstone Pizza, a few blocks west of Casa Bianca and wanted to give them a try. So I called up a few friends and we met at Brownstone-a NY style pizzeria, that sells whole pies and slices, that are huge!!



We ordered a medium pizza, $14.99, with one side:pepperoni, sausage, red onions and mushrooms and the other side- pepperoni, sausage, red onions and olives. I hate olives so I only had the mushroom side.

The crust was a bit soggy and not the usual NY style thin crust pizza. The sauce was pretty good, not too sweet, not too spicy. I liked the amount and quality of toppings on the pizza. The sausage had a nice spice to it, the pepperoni was good quality and the mushrooms were great, not the canned mushrooms from Casa Bianca.



I tried a slice of the other pizza we ordered, a White pizza, with ricotta, romano, garlic herbs, and olive oil with red sauce. The same crust. But the combination of cheeses was great! I really liked this pizza and I would love this pizza if they was some pepperoni and/or sausage!

I saw slices and they are cut from their large, 20" pies!!

Service was OK. The young woman taking the order was nice and friendly. But the guy brought our pizzas to our table was new and wasn't well trained. He didn't give us any plates for our pizza. We had to walk to the counter and ask for plates. He was nice and tried but he needs to be trained better.

I would go back to Brownstone Pizzeria. I think it is better than Casa Bianca and they take credit cards, something Case Bianca does not.