Friday, May 28, 2010

Bonnie B's Smokin BBQ

Bonnie B's Smokin
1280 N. Lake Ave
Pasadena
626-794-0132

Bonnie B's Smokin BBQ is the newest BBQ restaurant in Pasadena. Bonnie B's has been opened for about six months. I think it is more of a soul food restaurant, than BBQ. I would say Pasadena is an average BBQ city. Most BBQ restaurants are average at best. I like Robin's BBQ but they are inconsistent. Some other pretenders in Pasadena include Big Mama's, and Perdues BBQ.

I got the value portion of the spare ribs, $10.92, with mac and cheese and a green salad.



The garden salad was fresh iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta cheese. The salad was standard, nothing special. But fresh and crispy.



I got four spare ribs with the value order. The spare ribs are smoked with oak wood. There is a slight hint of a bark, but it's nothing outstanding. The ribs were pretty tender and had a nice smoked flavor. But they were pretty fatty and not the best quality ribs.

The mac and cheese, I liked. The macaroni was welled cooked and the cheese was blended well together.

Service was great!!! I called because I didn't see the restaurant from Lake Ave. and the person on the phone was very nice and helpful. It just happened that the person also took my order, she continued to be nice and friendly. The owner or manager also came out to make sure everything was fine. You can tell they care about customer service.

The BBQ at Bonnie B's isn't the best but it's not bad. I wouldn't rush to go back or make a special trip, but I would go back if I'm in the area.