Sunday, December 20, 2009

LaRocco's Pizzeria-Culver City



LaRocco's Pizzeria
3819 Main St
Culver City
310-837-8345

If you're going to post a comment like that jerk Shan, at least have the courage to provide a return email addy or blog. Posting a comment ripping me is gutless. Understand Shan you gutless loser?

As with any NY style pizza, I compare everything to Village Pizzeria. When I heard a few people tell me that La Rocco's Pizzeria comes pretty close to Village Pizzeria, I had to give it a try. As far as I can tell, this La Rocco's Pizzeria is not affiliated with the La Rocco's Pizzeria in Huntington Beach.

They have a two slices and a soda special for $6. So I got a slice of pepperoni and a slice of the Bronx Special, meatball, sausage, and pepperoni. I tried the pepperoni first and WOW was it good. It gives Village Pizzeria a run for their money. Nice crispy crust, gooey cheese, a light, sweet flavorful sauce, and lots of pepperoni.

The Bronx special was very good though a bit salty for my tastes. The sausage and meatball were flavorful but just a bit salty for me. I don't think I would order this again.

Service was pretty good. The lady taking my order was nice but after I paid for the two slices and soda, she started getting the slices ready. But I was missing a cup for the soda. I asked her, 'I get a soda, right?" She said the cups were next to the soda machine. This isn't that big of a deal but she should have told me that, after giving me my change, instead of having me stand there and asking about the soda. That is part of good service. But often times things like this, can be overlooked or forgiven if the person is nice.

This is damn good pizza and I'm glad to know I can find a good New York style pizza on the Westside. I will be coming back here soon.