Friday, July 31, 2009

Noodle House








Noodle House
958 E. Garvey Ave
Monterey Park
626-280-0831

While I was searching for good dumpling places, Dumpling House and Noodle House both came with raving reviews. I already went to Dumpling House so I decided to try Noodle House.

I ordered the:

Steamed dumpling with pork and leeks, made in a pot sticker style. $5.99. The first thing I notice was only one side of the dumplings were fried, so that gave two different textures when taking a bite. I didn't like that at all. The other thing I didn't like was the filling. The pork wasn't flavorful and they were a bit small, especially compared to the dumplings from Dumpling House.

Steamed shrimp with leeks dumpling, $5.99. There was so much leek, you can see the filling through the skin. Not good. The shrimp was just one small sized shrimp cut in half. The leeks just overpower the flavor of this dumpling because there is just so much of it.

Combination seafood bun, $6.99. The good: Nice texture of the bun. The bad, the filling. Not much of it and just bland and lacking any flavor. The seafood combination was pork, shrimp, and green onions. Not good and not worth the price.

Service was good. Nothing outstanding but nothing bad either. This is a cash only restaurant.

I was very disappointed with Noodle House. It did not live up to the hype and can't hold a steam tray to Dumpling House.