Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dumpling House-Temple City-Closed







Dumpling House-Temple City
5612 Rosemead Blvd
Temple City
626-309-9918

Dumpling House in Temple City is a very popular Northern Chinese restaurant. They have been in business for 19 years and with the explosion of the internet, they are more popular than ever.

They serve other Chinese dishes but they are known for their dumplings. So I got the steamed pork dumplings, $5.95. Eight huge pieces of pork dumplings came to my table and wow, what a treat. A nice firm, chewy dough and filled with pork and chives.

Steamed shrimp and vegetable dumplings, $7.95. Each of the eight dumplings had two pieces of shrimp and Chinese chives filling. They were huge as you can see. Same firm chewy dough.

Fried pork dumplings, $5.75. The same firm dough and pork filling but fried. And wow, WOW. This is wonderful. The firm texture of the dough and the pork filling was just awesome. Fried to perfection and it held up so well for my Monday morning breakfast.

Service is very good. Nice people and helpful. I asked what is the difference between steamed and boiled. The server explained the difference to me and even showed me an order of boiled dumplings. Boiled dumplings have a different texture as they are in water. Whiled steamed dumplings are cooked with the steam of the water.

I would come back here anytime. But I have heard it gets very busy on weekends from 10am-1pm. But this is the best example of dumplings I have ever had. Huge portions, filled with good quality meats and veggies, and cooked to perfection. And the price is right!!! How can you beat it?