Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Walker's BBQ-Closed



Walker's BBQ
3219 Carson St
Lakewood
562-420-6050

Once I find out about a BBQ place, I don't waste too much time before trying it. I found out about Walker's BBQ Tuesday and went down to try it, the next day.

I was very impressed. But then again, they are the sister restaurant to Bodacious BBQ, so why wouldn't I be impressed?

I got the rib dinner, $13.06, with mac salad and cole slaw. The ribs were great, just like Bodacious, a nice smoke flavor, they use red oak, tender, St. Louis style ribs. Red oak can be a very heavy smoke and can ruin the taste of ribs, if you don't do it right. Walker's like Bodacious, does it right. The only thing I didn't like is how they were presented. BBQ places should never present ribs with the bottom part, that has the membrane, showing, like the last picture. The ribs should be like the second picture with the bark showing. I turned over the ribs to show how ribs should be served.

The mac salad was nice and creamy and fresh. The cole slaw had raisin in it and wasn't drowned in mayo. The portions were a bit small, but then again I don't really care about the the damn sides at a BBQ place.

Service is good.

I would go back to Walker's BBQ anytime. It is as good as Bodacious and it is a closer drive!!