Tuesday, August 05, 2008

McCormick and Schmick's- LA-Closed




McCormick and Schmick's- LA
633 W 5th St
Los Angeles
213-629-1929

I've been to the McCormick and Schmick's in Pasadena, but I figured I would try the happy hour at their downtown LA location.

McCormick and Schmick's is known for their great happy hour food prices. A $1.95 cheeseburger with fries!!! Where else can you get that. I decide to get an order of buffalo wings, also for $1.95. You need to order at least $2.75 in drinks to get these happy hour food deals. Have a couple drinks, $5 and up, and you're covered. The burger is cooked medium well and is good but a bit dry. There is just lettuce, tomatoes, and onions on the burger. They could put mayo or ketchup to make it a little more moist but overall a good quality burger. But the burger was warm, not hot.

The buffalo wings were great. There were a lot of meat on those wings. But the skin wasn't crispy, it seemed as though they baked instead of fried. But the sauce was very spicy, among the spiciest, I've had. I got about six wing for that $1.95 price and what a steal.

Service was good, much better than the service in Pasadena. The server was friendly and the food came out quickly.

McCormick and Schmick's is a great value for happy hour. I enjoy them. I liked the downtown LA location because there were real people, not the arrogant jerk you might expect. Or maybe I was there on a good day. I would go back to McCormick and Schmick's for happy hour anytime. I've seen their dinner menu and I think their prices are high and I've heard the food isn't worth the price. So I may do a dinner review but don't expect one soon.