Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rocco's Pizza-Closed



Rocco's Pizza
812-814 N Vermont Ave
LA
323-644-0003

What took me so long? That's a very good question, one I've asked myself a few times after goingt Rocco's Pizza. I first had Rocco's at the Feast of San Genaro back in Sept or Oct of 2007. I got a card from Rocco's and wanted to go there but didn't go back until now.

Rocco's is great pizza. Pictured is an x-large pizza with meatballs and pepperoni, $13.21. When I first opened up the box, the wonderful smell was overwhelming, I just had to eat the pizza right away. The gooey cheese, thin, crispy crust was just awesome. The pepperoni is spicy and wonderful. I found the meatball to be very interesting. First they were not shaped like a ball but sliced. If I'm not mistaken it's a combination of beef and pork. It was fine but I wouldn't order meatballs on Rocco's pizza again. I would just stick to the basics like pepperoni and sausage.

Of course the biggest question is, How does this compare to
Village Pizzeria? It compares very well. I still think Village Pizzeria is better but Rocco's comes in a close second.

Service is OK. The guy isn't exactly friendly but he's not rude either. He's just going through the motions. This location is across the street from LA City College and parking can be very tough. I actually parked at the Jack in the Box just north of Rocco's. There is some street parking but that's was taken. But the pizza is worth the hassle.

I would go back to Rocco's anytime.