Thursday, June 28, 2007

Moffett's Chicken Pie Shoppe


Moffett's Chicken Pie Shoppe
1409 Baldwin
Arcadia
626-447-4670

Every since I tried the La Palma Chicken Pie Shoppe, I knew there had to be another chicken pie shop that was better. Well I found it, Moffett's has been an Arcadia staple since 1975. It's good comfort food at good prices.

I ordered the all white meat chicken pie lunch special, with mashed potatoes and carrots. $6.05 and a beef pie ($4.70)

I cut into the chicken pie first. I see lots of gravy oozing out. So that's a good sign. Then I see lots of white meat chicken. They don't add anything else, no veggies, nothing, just white meat chicken and gravy. It was worth the price. The chicken is tender and flavorful. The gravy adds, but do not overpower the flavor of the chicken.

Now the beef pie, they overcooked the crust just a little but I like it that way. There were tons of beef, peas and carrots. It was very tasty.

Both pies were well worth the price. But what I loved most, was the pies were served pipping hot. Almost too hot, I had to wait a few minutes before I could dig in.

Service was good. The server was friendly and knew lots of customers. She was attentive and provided quality, quick service.

I would go back to Moffett's any time. Moffett's is a great place for good quality comfort food at good prices served by nice friendly people. The next time I go, I will order their unbaked pies and have them at home.