Tuesday, May 30, 2006

La Palma Chicken Pie Shop-Closed



La Palma Chicken Pie Shop
925 N. Euclid
Anaheim
714-533-2021

La Palma Chicken Pie Shop is the place for good old fashion comfort food. I ordered the chicken pie lunch for $4.85. The lunch includes soup or salad, a roll, and whipped potatoes. I salad was just lettuce and some carrots, so nothing special. The roll was just a roll, again nothing special.

The chicken pie is what it's about. The pie is served with lots of chicken gravy, too much for my taste. Next time I will order either no gravy or gravy on the side. But the chicken pie, ooooo so good. Loaded with big pieces of chicken and nothing else. This is a chicken pie not a chicken and fillers pie. The crust is nice and flakey. I thought the gravy was kind of bland but overall the chicken pie was great.

They have a huge bakery and all the cakes looked good but I didn't order any. I would go back. Prices are great and the food is very good.