Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Taco Factory-Diamond Bar-Closed



Taco Factory
1123 Grand Ave
Diamond Bar
909-396-5373

Taco Factory is a chain with locations spread out around the LA/OC area. Taco Factory in Diamond Bar replaced Brahma Burger a long time Diamond Bar burger place.

I ordered the Tostada grande with carnitas for $6.48. The tostada has a nice cripsy shell. They add beans, sour cream, cheese, lettuce and your choice of meat. Gucamole is added but I hate gucamole. I added tomatoes and onions and some mild salsa from their salsa bar. I like the quanity of items they put in the tostada but the quality is lacking. The carnitas was bland with no flavor at all. Put some spices in there. I guess they think mixing everything up will improve the taste of the carnitas. The best part of the tostatda is the crispy shell.

Taco Factory is OK, nothing great. There aren't that many good Mexican places in the Diamond Bar. I think Taqueria Azteca is better but both are very average at best.