Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Green Field- Long Beach



The Fire Pit

Brazilian Sausage

Garlic Steak

Skirt Steak

Cutting the Tri Tip

Tri Tip

Top Sirloin

Bacon Wrapped Turkey

Carne Asada

Pork Loin

Sirloin


Rib Eye

All the meats on one plate.

Green Field
5305 E. Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90804
562-597-0906

Check out my review of Green Field in West Covina, that I went to a few months later.

If you're a meat lover, Green Field is for you. For $23.95 you have an all you can eat Brazilian churrascaria which is meat cooked on larger skewers and sliced at your table. If you don't eat red meat they offer chicken, turkey, pork, quail, lamb and chicken hearts. Also included in a huge buffet with Brazilian dishes and salads. I got the shrimp cocktail.

I have posted better pictures of the meats, the label for each meat is above the picture. All the meats are tender and juicy but after awhile they all taste the same. The tri tip was very salty. They use a lot of salt as seasoning. The best cut of meat was the top sirloin, tender, juicy and flavorful. I didn't like the carne asada or the sirloin. The carne asada didn't taste like any carne asada I've ever had. There was no flavor and it just seemed as though I was eating skirt steak, which is what carne asada is made out of. The sirloin was pretty tough and not tender.

The second picture is rib eye which is too well done for my tastes. It was tender but I prefer medium rare and this meat was medium well to well done.

Service is decent. They have a stopper, or what I call a stopped, which is a red, yellow and green top. As with a stop light, green means give me the meat. Red meat stop for now, we are eating. And laying it flat on the table means, we are done!!! At times the guys with the skewers took awhile to come by and they would go to the table next to us but skip us and go across the room.

I would go back to Green Field but it's a place to go on special occasions. Also I think if I'm going to spend $30 on meat, I would much rather have a good cut of beef at a steakhouse, than a variety of average quality meats. Afterall they start tasting the same after awhile