Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Walnut Tree




Walnut Tree
382-A Lemon Ave.
Walnut
909-595-6026

I already reviewed Walnut Tree's chicken salad but I wanted to try their other food. So I went for their shrimp lo mein and shrimp with lobster sauce. Now the one thing I noticed about the shrimp and lobster sauce ($8.95) was the smell, as if the shrimp wasn't the freshest. The sauce is suppose to be a lobster based sauce but I know it's just egg flower soup with peas, mushrooms, and water chestsnuts. The shrimp were pretty big but they were a little overcooked.

The shrimp lo mein ($6.95) was decent. It was a little deceiving at first because all I saw was the noodles. The wasn't many shrimp to be seen but as you mixed everything up, they had a lot of shrimp. The noodles were soft and tender and had plenty of soy sauce. The shrimp was tender and it all blended well.

Service was good again. No complaints.

But overall I wasn't impressed with Walnut Tree's cooked food. The shrimp wasn't the freshest around and while the prices are great, it just isn't worth it. I guess it's really true, you get what you pay for.