Monday, October 02, 2006

Casa Gamino-Closed



Casa Gamino
13041 Newport Ave,
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 505-5971

Casa Gamino has five locations in the LA area. Interesting they have two locations in the Orange Curtain, including the Old Town Tustin. I had been to this location about five years ago and thought the food was good and the prices were better.

The prices are still good but the food isn't great. I ordered the tostado special with chicken for about $9 tax and tip included. The tostado had lettuce, two kinds of cheese, a tomato slice, beans and this nasty red sauce. The chicken, though plentiful, was very bland and flavorless. The tostado was crispy and flakey. The other ingredients were fresh but the tostado wasn't good because the chicken was so bad.

Service was average. The busboy was very good, he always kept the water glasses and chips and salsa filled. But the waitress took awhile to take our order, even though there wasn't anybody there. She was nice, just a little slow.

I wouldn't go back to Casa Gamino. Too many places closer to me with better food and even better prices. If I were in the Tustin area, I would go to El Gallo Giro in Santa Ana.