Thursday, October 05, 2006

Moshi Moshi-Closed



Moshi Moshi
19761 Valley Blvd
Walnut
909-594-1337

Moshi Moshi is a casual Japanese restaurant that cateres to mainly a lunch crowd. They close at 5pm during the week. It's a small unpretenious place that has good prices and decent food in big portions.

I ordered the combination kabobs, with beef, shrimp, and chicken for $8.32. The items are cooked to order. I could see the cook, firing up the grill and heating up the kabobs. The kabobs are served with rice, tempura, and salad. As you can see from the pictures it's a huge amount of food. I believe the beef is top round and basically tender but there are some tough pieces of beef. The beef is cooked to about medium. The chicken is marinated in paprika and is tender but a bit on the dry side. The shrimp was just a little overcooked. The teriyaki sauce was on the salty side and overpowered the flavor of the beef, chicken, and shrimp. The salad was basically iceberg lettuce with some carrots. Nothing special but fresh. The tempura was mostly potatoes and I barely touched it. Interesting in that Moshi Moshi does not have sushi on their menu, though they do have a lot of sandwiches, turkey, roast beef etc, on the menu.

Service is ok. When Moshi Moshi first opened I was eating there and some punk teenaged girl, was pissed she had to clean up the tables, so she had the gall to tell me "Make sure you clean your table after you finish." Now even though she was nice, who the hell is she to tell a customer what to do??? She just was too damn lazy and pissed she had to clean the tables. What really pissed me off was she only asked me!!!! So I told her make sure you tell the other two people who are eating!!! Today when I went, the owner or somebody came outside when I was taking pictures and asked "Can I help you?" I said "No" When I went inside the restaurant to order, they took forever to take my order since they were eating and on a lunch break. But I'm not standing there holding up the damn counter. But my order was taken and the food came within about 15 minutes.

I won't go back to Moshi Moshi. The food is decent, though nothing special and it's certainly a good value. But just a combination of things, the gall of that punk kid, food overcooked, the salty teriyaki sauce, make going to Moshi Moshi a bad options.