Friday, October 06, 2006

Domo Sushi & Roll





Domo Sushi & Roll
1375 Grand Ave.
Walnut
909-598-8291

Maybe I'm in the mood for Japanese food or I'm just in the area of a Japanese restaurant I've been to before and want to try again. But for the second straight day I went to a Japanese restaurant in Walnut. Today, Domo Sushi & Roll was the restaurant. I have been to Domo about four years ago. I thought it was good food at good prices with good service. I was hoping things haven't changed in the four years. I'm happy to report that things haven't changed.

Domo is across the street from Mt. Sac JC. , so going there can be very busy when school is in session. It's in the same strip center as a 7-11 and the parking lot is very small, so you've been warned. I was very surprised when I got there about 1pm there were about four people there. Within the 30 minutes I was there, at least 12 people walked in, mostly Mt. Sac students and staff.

I ordered the beef teriyaki and tempura combo and the yellowtail sushi for about $15 tax and tip included. The beef teriyaki included one shrimp tempura, three pieces of tempura, zucchini, sweet potato and potato, rice, salad, and some kind of Japanese potatoe salad. The salad was basically just lettuce but had a weird, 1000 island type dressing, next time I'll ask for no dressing. The tempura was crunchy and crispy. The beef teriyaki was tender and the teriyaki sauce wasn't salty and added to the flavor of the beef. The shrimp tempura was huge and crunchy. There should have a fish and chips tempura.

I'm by no means a sushi expert. I'll eat sushi but I don't really seek it out. If the sushi is fresh, I'm pretty happy. So the yellowtail sushi was very fresh and tasty. I would order it again, no problem.

Service was good, even though there is only one server working. Even when it started to get crowded, I was never without anything and I don't think anybody at the restaurant was lacking for anything either.

I would go back to Domo anytime. It's a very good value and good quality food. Needless to say it's much better than Moshi Moshi.