Sunday, October 08, 2006

Lee's Sandwiches



Lee's Sandwiches
1028 Harbor Blvd
Fullerton
714-525-2989

Lee's Sandwiches serves Asian and European sandwiches, mostly on 10 in, baguettes. Lee's, which is headquartered in the Bay Area, has opened many stores in Asian areas of LA.

The Asian sandwiches include daikan, carrots, onions, jalapero, cilantro, house mayo, salt & pepper, and soy sauce. I ordered the grilled chicken and grilled pork sandwich for about $5. Yes, $5 for two 10 in sandwiches!!

The baguettes are nice and toasted crust with a soft chewy inside. The chicken was dark meat chicken and pretty tender. I thought the amount of chicken was very small. The other ingredients were fresh. But the jalaperos for me didn't work with the sandwich. I don't need or want a kick.

The grilled pork sandwich was filled with lots of pork, much more than the chicken. The pork was tender and tasty. Again the other ingredients were very fresh.

Service is good. Nice friendly young lady took my order. The people at the pick up line were great. I asked for a cup of ice and within a few seconds the cup of ice was there with no attitude. I ate half of each sandwich and asked them to wrap the leftovers. They quickly wrapped the remaining sandwich and was very nice.

I would go back to Lee's but I think I may try their European sandwiches, ham or roast beef. I love the baguette. If I order another Asian sandwich I would ask for no jalapero and cilantro. Service at the Fullerton location was very good.