Sunday, June 04, 2006

Grandma's Chicken House-Closed

Grandma's Chicken House 6072 Lincoln Ave Cypress (714) 527-3162 A buddy of mine, who also likes broasted chicken, found Grandma's Chicken House while driving in the area. So I decide to try it. I order two breast pieces for $4.20. The chicken is cooked to order so expect a 15 minute wait. The skin is exactly like Broaster Kitchen, a weird texture because they just season the chicken but do not dip it into batter before broasting it. The inside was a little drier than Broaster Kitchen but not too dry. I loved how hot and fresh the chicken was. I think overall it's better than Broaster Kitchen but still a couple notches below Pittsburgh Chicken and Taters. The service is OK, not the most friendly people. Don't expect a HI, How can I help you? when you walk in.