Monday, April 24, 2006

El Gallo Giro- East LA



El Gallo Giro
5686 Whittier Blvd
East LA
323-726-1246

As you know from my review of the El Gallo Giro in Santa Ana, you know I love this place. So while driving in East LA, I notice another El Gallo Giro. I just couldn't resist and I stopped in for another torta, this time the Torta Cubana for $6.30.

The Torta Cubana comes with four meats, pork leg, bread beef, head cheese and ham and topped with acocado, tomato, lettuce, beans and mayo. WOW what a treat. The torta was great. I loved the spicy pork leg and the breaded beef. Both were very tender and had lots of flavor. The toasted torta bread was so soft. A great sandwich and well worth the money.

I didn't notice any difference between the East LA location and the Santa Ana location, except the East LA location has signs for where to order tortas and where to order tacos and burritos.

I would go back to any El Gallo Giro. I love this place!!!