Friday, October 14, 2005

Donahoo's Golden Chicken - Pomona




Donahoo's Golden Chicken
1074 N. Garey Ave.
Pomona CA 91767
909-622-3213

Update August 27, 2012

I went back to Donahoo's and posted another review at The New Diner 2.

Donahoo's Golden Chicken is a Pomona landmark. They have changed ownership the past few years, but everybody I've talked says the quality is still the same. The chicken are made to order, so you may be in for a wait. So called ahead. This is a take out place only.

I ordered Chicken Dinner for $7.45 tax included. Four pieces of chicken (breast, wing, thigh and leg) with fries, salad and a roll. The chicken was fried to a very nice golden brown. The chicken was very moist and flavorful. The skin had a very nice crunch and a nice taste of spices. Fries are good, htough nothing to write home about. But I don't go to a fried chicken place for fries. One thing I do like is they do not put any salt on the fries.

I really like Donahoo's and I would go back again and again. There are also Donahoo's in Riverside and Ontario.