Friday, May 13, 2011

Redballs Rock & Roll Pizza-Closed


Redballs Rock & Roll Pizza
6551 Topanga Canyon Blvd
Woodland Hills
818-348-1524

I guess Redballs Rock & Roll Pizza is what you get, when an owner combines his two loves; pizza and rock and roll. A small place with a stage in the back, that has a lot of performances every week. I heard good things about their New York style pizza, so I decided to give them a try.

With the high gas prices, I decided to take the train to Red Balls. I caught the Orange Line, which is a bus line from North Hollywood to Warner Center, which is about a two block to Red Balls. But, Red Balls wasn't much help, when I called for directions.



I got the Brooklyn pizza; sliced meatballs, pepperoni and Italian sausage, $19.99. All pies are 18in pizzas. I noticed when they made this pizza the cheese are slices of cheese, not shredded. It doesn't make a difference, I've just never seen that. The pizza was pretty good, but the crust was below average. It was thin, but it was almost too thin, it didn't hold up to the toppings.

The sliced meat balls were a bit bland, not much flavor. But, the Italians sausage was pretty good, with good flavor though it lacked fennel seeds. The pepperoni was run of the mill stuff. Overall a very average pizza.

Service was friendly but unprofessional and slow. I came in with a coupon and the first thing the lady said was "Those coupons are only good for dining in." Well no shit sherlock!!. What a rude way to greet customer. But, the lady was nice, and took my order. But, then another lady took over and she just didn't have a clue. She said it was her first day, but she was sooooo slow punching in my order and taking my money. I could have ran a damn marathon and still had time for a swim, before she got finished with the order. She was nice but they need to train their employees better.

When my pizza came, the guy who I believe is the owner, said he would get me some plates and napkins. Well, I could have finished that swim, by the time he got me a plate. He was all over the place, trying to get orders out and set up the stage for that night's performance. He was nice but very unorganized and not professional at all.

I would not waste my time going back to Redballs again. The pizza was average, at best and the service was too disorganized and unprofessional. I can't imagine going here when they have a band playing, it would just be way too loud.