Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chopsticks House

Chopsticks House
3938 Grand Avenue Ste C
Chino
909-590-3688

Chino isn't exactly filled with lots of Chinese food options. Most of Chino is "Panda Express" fast Chinese food or buffets. But, Chopsticks House is a good Chinese restaurant in Chino, though it's a bit Americanized.

When you walk in a sign greets you, telling you to wait to be seated. But, the minute you walk in, you are greeted by the owners/servers. The night I went, there weren't many people so they said pick where I want to sit.

The menu is pretty basic, beef, chicken, chow mein, rice, seafood dishes. We got the orange flavored chicken, pork and vegetables, and shrimp chow mein.



Shrimp chow mein,$6.95 with shrimp, celery, carrots, and onions. The only thing I didn't like about this dish was the small portion size. Otherwise a great dish, that was well seasoned, the noodles well cooked and a good amount of shrimp-about 6-8 medium sized shrimp, even if they are hidden under the noodles. The shrimp were cooked and seasoned perfectly, but the weird thing was, some were deveined and others were not. I would order this again, but I do wish the portion size was bigger.



Orange flavored chicken, $7.95. This was a good dish, but this tasted more like a honey walnut sauce, than an orange flavor sauce. The chicken was covered in a thick batter, most of the chicken was white meat chicken. But the entire time eating this dish, I kept thinking I was eating honey walnut shrimp.



Pork with vegetables, $7.65, with broccoli, carrots, baby corn, cabbage and zucchini. I loved the sauce and fresh veggies in this dish. I didn't like how the pork was cut into such small pieces, you could barely see the pork. But, a good dish that was well seasoned.

Service is good. The owner/servers were nice and friendly. The thing I liked about Chopsticks House is they have signs!! Many people ordered take out, and they have a sign that says Take Out Orders, unlike other restaurants where you don't know whether to sit down or go up to the counter.

I would go back to Chopsticks House, again. Good food and service at good prices.